Healthy Food & Healthy Life:(This is the Second continuing part of Eat Right For A Healthy Life:
Introduction: Healthy Food & Healthy Life:
- Foodstuff is something that provides nutrients.
- Nutrients are the substances that provide: activity, growth, and all body functions such as breathing, digesting food, and keeping warm;
- Ingredients for the growth and repair of the body and to keep the immune system healthy.
Importance of Following Nutrients…
- FIBRE ( FIBER AND FIBRE BOTH ARE SAME)
- WATER AND
Healthy Eating Tips:
- Take nutritious and healthy food based on different types of plants
- Eat bread, whole grains, pasta, rice, or potatoes several times daily.
- Seasonal vegetables, fruits, and serve 8 to 10 times per day
- Maintain a healthy body weight between recommended physical limits (BMI of 18.5–25), which is at a daily level of vigorous physical activity.
- Limited fat intake should try to replace saturated fat with good fat.
- Reduce intake of fatty meats and meat products and replace them with beans, legumes, lentils, fish, poultry, or lean meats.
- Reduce milk and dairy products (kefir drink, sour milk, yoghurt, and cheese)
- Add plant-based milk like almond or coconut, or soy milk as a better option.
- Choose low sugar foods and eat sugar for free, limiting the frequency of sugary drinks and sweets.
- Choose a low-salt diet. Include pink salt in your diet.
- Limit salt intake to only 5 grams.
- Consumption of alcohol is limited, according to the World Health Organization.
- Cook food hygienically.
- Reduce fat intake
- Promote breastfeeding for six months and introduce safe and adequate complementary foods for about six months.
Healthy Food & Healthy Life: What is the Dietary Fibre, And Why It’s Important?
Fibre Is A Forgotten Nutrient These Several Years.
- The influence of western food patterns on the consumption of highly refined food and sugar has increased.
- The recommended daily intake of fibre for Indian food is 30 to40 grams per day.
- And Fibre helps support normal digestive function.
Why need dietary fibre?
- There is strong evidence that eating plenty of fibre (commonly called roughage) reduces the risk of heart-related disease,
- May prevent Stroke,
- A fibre-rich food intake may lower the risk of Type 2 Diabetes,
- May reduce the risk of bowel cancer.
- A fibre-rich meal can help digestion properly.
- And prevent constipation. and feel fullness.
- And help to manage weight.
- Help to care for hypothyroidism.
KNOW MORE CLICK THIS LINK
Two Types Of Fibre Found In Soluble And Insoluble.
Foods with soluble fibre include.
- Fruits and vegetables,
Soluble fibre helps in.
- Soluble fibre dissolves in water.
- It can help to balance glucose levels.
- Help to optimize blood cholesterol.
Insoluble fibre works as.
- Insoluble fibre does not dissolve in water, could support food move through your digestive tract,
Foods With Insoluble Fibres Include.
- Whole wheat,
- Whole grain,
- Brown rice,
- And legumes to promote regularity Bowls movements.
- The use of pesticides and herbicides, In the massive amount of foodstuff,
- That’s the reason 50% of fruits, vegetable and grains lose their nutrient value.
- And that’s irritated our gastrointestinal tract,
- That may cause disturbed GASTROINTESTINE DISORDER like colon cancer and gastric ulcer.
Consume organic and whole food, and add some fibre supplementation with your daily meal for good health.
Best soluble Ditary Fiber blend is:
- Resistant maltodextrin.
- Partially hydrolyzed guar gum.
Because these are creating good bacteria in our intestines and help to prevent all stomach related diseases.
Know more about the best organic fibre supplement, visit the below link
Healthy Food & Healthy Life:Why Body Needs Adequate Level Of water?
- We need water to digest our food and throw it out of waste
- Digestive juice, urine (urine), and defecation require water.
- Water is the main component of sweat,
- An essential part of our body’s fluids,
- And each cell needs water to function.
Importance Of Water:
- Water is essential for the human body,
- Each of your cells, organs, and tissues help regulate water temperature,
- keep hydrated, and maintain bodily functions,
- Besides, water acts as a lubricant and cushions your joints,
- Drinking water is perfect for our overall health.
Benefits and Function of water.
- Daily intake of water is 11 to 15 glasses recommended.
- And our body made of 70% of water.
- Because water prevents dehydration and detoxifies the body.
- If someone suffering from any lifestyle diseases,
- They must increase the intake of water.
- Our body primarily uses water in all cells, organs, and tissues
- And regulates temperature and maintains other bodily functions.
- Our body loses water through breathing, sweat, and digestion,
- So it is necessary to hydrate the body
- Water protects and saves our tissues, joints, and spinal cord,
Healthy Food & Healthy Life:More benefits of water,
- Flushing bacteria from your bladder
- Aiding digestion
- Preventing constipation
- Normalizing blood pressure
- Stabilizing heartbeat
- Support cushioning joints
- Regulating the temperature of the body
- Regulating electrolyte (sodium) balance
- Carrying nutrients and oxygen to your cells
Healthy Food & Healthy Life: What Are Carbohydrates And Why do we need This?
- Because these are a food group that is converted into glucose or sugar in our body during digestion.
- Glucose is a primary source of fuel for our body.
- Essential for our brain function, which cannot easily use other fuel sources (such as fat or protein) for energy.
All Carbs Are Not Equal
The body needs two types of carbohydrates.
- And Complex carbohydrates
Simple and Complex Carbohydrates are converted into glucose (blood sugar) in the body and used as energy.
As per studies, Complex carbohydrates are more digestible. And Slowly release glucose into the bloodstream.
Healthy Food & Healthy Life:
- Simple carbohydrates are digested quickly and break glucose molecules (energy) fastly and send into the bloodstream.
- That reason we eat sweet things; we may feel sudden energy or boost up.
Simple carbohydrates are found in.
Simple carbohydrates do not contain any nutritional value and mostly found in processed, refined, or added sugars that include.
- Like White cane sugar, you’d find it in candy, chocolates, bakery items,
- Sugar-coated ready to eat meals,
- Added sweetener provides a lot of calories,
- Empty with vitamins, minerals, and fibre
- Beverages, soft drinks
- Fruit juices with added sugar
- Can lead to gain. weight
Major sources of Simple Carb:
- Carbonated beverages
- Table sugar
- Added sugar
- Jam and jellies
Healthy Food & Healthy Life: What Are The Complex Carbs?
- Complex carbohydrates are made up of sugar molecules that are stranded together in long, complex chains.
- And they provide vitamins, minerals and fibre that are important for a person’s health.
Complex carbohydrates often mention as “starchy” foods include:
And These foods groups are better choices to replace other or simple carbs.
- Starchy vegetables
- Whole-grain and fibre
- fruits and veggies
- Limit the consumption of foods high in processed,
- Refined and simple sugars provide only empty calories, and they have almost no nutrition.
- Consume whole grains like brown rice, wheat bread, and cereals, legumes, beans, lentils, and dried pea
- Eat balanced, complex carbohydrates
- you get full of nutrients by eating fruits and vegetables.